The majority of programmes ended on 31 March 2020.
Overview of TLIF
The Teaching and Leadership Innovation Fund (TLIF) was a 3-year funding programme (September 2017 to March 2020) which supported high-quality professional development, for teachers and school leaders, in areas and schools in England that are facing the most challenges.
Former Secretary of State Justine Greening announced the fund as part of the social mobility package in October 2016.
The aims of the fund were to:
- improve the provision of teachers’ continuing professional development (CPD), and leadership development
- stimulate the demand for provision of teachers’ CPD and leadership development
- support the development of a sustainable market in CPD and leadership development, with the potential to become self-funding
The overall aim of the programmes was to improve outcomes for children and young people.
The programmes funded by TLIF aimed to increase skills, confidence and knowledge in:
- managing challenging pupil behaviour
- science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- career development
These programmes were mainly targeted at teachers and leaders who work in an Ofsted rated grade 3 or grade 4 school, within one of the category 5 and 6 (including Opportunity Areas) local authority districts.
Find out about the providers who took part in the Teaching and Leadership Innovation programme and the training they offered:
- EdisonLearning - NAHT Aspire Teaching and Learning Programme
- Institute of Physics - Future Physics Leaders Programme
- Ruth Miskin Training - literacy CPD in the teaching of phonics and early reading
- STEM learning - Aspire to STEM: leadership and teacher programme
- Teacher Development Trust - CPD Excellence Hubs Programme
- Education Development Trust and the Chartered College of Teaching - Accelerate: programme for teachers in their early career
- Teach First - Leading Together: senior leadership team programme
- Ambition Institute - Transforming Teaching: whole school teacher programme
- The Geographical Association and Association for Science Education - Critical thinking for achievement programme: for geography and science teachers in both primary and secondary
- Tom Bennett Training - Behaviour management programmes: Running a Room (for teachers) and Running a School (for leaders)