Stamp Duty Land Tax rates for certain corporate bodies.
Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is charged at 15% on residential properties costing more than £500,000 bought by certain corporate bodies - or ‘non-natural persons’. These include:
- partnerships including companies
- collective investment schemes
These bodies may also need to pay Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings.
The 15% rate does not apply to property bought by a company that is acting as a trustee of a settlement or bought by a company to be used for:
- a property rental business
- property developers and trader
- property made available to the public
- financial institutions acquiring property in the course of lending
- property occupied by employees
These exclusions are subject to specific conditions.
There is a 3% surcharge on residential properties bought by companies. Read Stamp Duty Land Tax: buying an additional residential property for more information.