Report an incident involving your organisation's bus or coach

You must report any incident involving your organisation's public service vehicles (PSVs) if there are fatalities, serious injuries, or serious damage.

Applies to England, Scotland and Wales

Use this form (sometimes called the PSV112) to report an incident or collision involving a PSV to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).

By law, you must report:

  • fatalities
  • serious injuries (such as broken bones, damage to major organs or overnight hospitalisation)
  • allegations of a safety defect
  • serious damage as a result of the incident (such as major body or mechanical component damage, which needs specialist recovery and the vehicle being taken out of service to be repaired)
  • a safety critical component failure or history of the same component failing
  • a vehicle catching fire

You must also send a report if the police tell you to.

If you’re a DVSA earned recognition operator, you have to use a different form to report collisions or incidents instead.

Start now

Before you start

You need:

  • your vehicle operator licence number
  • the registration numbers (number plates) of the vehicles involved
  • the police reference number if the police are investigating the incident

What happens next

DVSA will tell you if:

  • the vehicle needs to be inspected before it’s repaired
  • they need to carry out an operator visit
Published 21 August 2014
Last updated 6 April 2021 + show all updates
  1. Updated with an online report form.

  2. First published.