Report an incident if you're a DVSA earned recognition operator

Tell the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) about collisions or incidents involving your vehicles if you've joined the DVSA earned recognition scheme.

Applies to England, Scotland and Wales

Use this form (sometimes called the ER112) if you’re a DVSA earned recognition vehicle operator and one of your vehicles has been involved in a collision or incident.

You must report:

  • fatalities
  • serious injuries (such as broken bones, damage to major organs or overnight hospitalisation)
  • a safety critical system failure (such as brake failure or wheel loss)
  • a vehicle catching fire
  • significant body damage to the vehicle (such as a bridge strike)
  • something that could cause negative publicity that might bring DVSA earned recognition into disrepute
  • a vehicle received an ‘S’ marked roadworthiness prohibition
  • the operator or one of your employees are found guilty and convicted of an offence
  • most serious infringement (such as not having a tachograph or carrying passengers or goods without holding a valid driving licence)

You must also send a report if the police tell you to.

Start now

Before you start

You need:

  • your vehicle operator licence number
  • your earned recognition ID number
  • the registration numbers (number plates) of the vehicles involved
  • the police reference number if the police are investigating the incident

What happens next

DVSA will tell you if:

  • the vehicle needs to be inspected before it’s repaired
  • they need to carry out an operator visit

If you’re a public service vehicle (PSV) operator, you do not need to fill in the separate form to report an accident involving a PSV.

Published 11 January 2019
Last updated 14 May 2021 + show all updates
  1. Added information on what earned recognition operators must report.

  2. Updated with an online report form.

  3. First published.