Report Excise Duty on biofuels and other fuel substitutes (HO930)

Use the online service if you produce, use or set aside more than 2,500 litres of biofuels a year.

Use this service to report the biofuels and other fuel substitutes you have used or set aside:

  • as a fuel for any engine, motor or other machinery
  • as an additive or extender in any substance used as fuel
  • for the production of bioblend or bioethanol blend

Before you start

You’ll need a Government Gateway account to access this service - you can set one up from the sign-in page.

To use this service you’ll need:

  • your unique reference number and registered business postcode
  • your business address details and postcode
  • start and end dates for your claim

You’ll also need to know the:

  • quantity of biofuel, substitute or additive you need to pay duty on
  • amount of duty you owe

Submit your return

You can also submit your return using the print and post form. You’ll need to complete the form before you can print it as unfinished forms can’t be saved.

Published 1 March 2018