This programme funds and supports schools to deliver intensive Mandarin study, and to develop teachers and help them increase the number of pupils studying Mandarin.
What you can get
The Mandarin Excellence Programme offers:
- £20,000 a year for schools in the programme
- extra payments for student retention and for yearly intensive learning
- partnership with a hub school to help you develop the programme
- specially designed teacher meetings for professional development and to share ideas and resources
- an online professional network
- online teaching materials and resources
- support and guidance from the programme coordinator
Who can join the programme
The programme is open to:
- all state-funded secondary schools in England with ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ Ofsted ratings
- highly able and motivated key stage 3 pupils (pupils begin the programme in year 7)
When it’s available
There is an annual intake to the programme each September.
What it costs
The programme is free.
How to apply
Find out more
See the Mandarin Excellence Programme website for more information.