Guide for all sixth-form colleges on submitting their accounts as at 31 July to the Education Funding Agency
This guide explains how to submit your sixth-form college’s audited accounts and auditor’s management letter to the Education Funding Agency (EFA) via Document Exchange. It does not apply to further education colleges, who must submit their accounts to the Skills Funding Agency (SFA).
How and when to submit your accounts
Sixth-form colleges must submit their accounts for the year ending 31 July 2015 to EFA by 31 December 2015.
You will need to submit them online via Document Exchange. This is a facility within the EFA Information Exchange which allows secure upload of documents via a single online system.
To access Document Exchange, sixth-form colleges must use the Department for Education’s Secure Access system. Most sixth form colleges will already have used Document Exchange for other returns, but if you are new to it, you should read the guidance on requesting support with Information Exchange.
What documents to submit
As set out in the colleges’ accounts direction, sixth-form colleges must submit the following documents to EFA, by 31 December 2015, for the year ending 31 July 2015:
- audited financial statements
- finance record ( signed version)
- finance record (Excel version)
- auditor’s management letter
- annual report of the audit committee
How to upload your documents to Document Exchange
It is important that sixth-form colleges follow the instructions for uploading documents to Document Exchange. Failure to do so may lead to delays in processing documents, including additional follow-up queries from EFA.
- upload all of your documents to the folder called Finance and Payments > AY 2014-15 on Document Exchange: once logged in, you will need to go to the Finance and Payments folder first, and then click on the sub-folder AY 2014-15
- name your documents using the following naming convention: CollegeCode_201415_SUFFIX
You can find the 5-digit sixth-form college code on the cover sheet of your college’s finance record. Each document must be labelled with the correct suffix, as set out in the table below:
|Documents for the year ended 31 July 2015||Suffix|
|Audited financial statements||FS|
|Finance record (signed version)||SFR|
|Finance record (Excel version)||EFR|
|Auditor’s management letter||ML|
|Annual report of the audit committee||AC|
Once you are in the sub-folder AY 2014-15, you will be able to upload your documents:
- Select Actions, and then click on Upload Content
- A Document Purpose drop-down box will appear. Select Financial Statements (SFC) from the drop-down list
- Browse for your file, then select Upload
The Document Purpose box was added to the system on 16 December 2015. If you had already submitted your documents before that date, you don’t need to submit them again.
You will need to repeat these steps to upload your other documents, ie your finance record, auditor’s management letter and annual report of the audit committee.
When your documents have been uploaded and submitted, they will be immediately visible within Document Exchange. You will receive no further confirmation of receipt.
Illustrative example: Casterbridge College:
Casterbridge College (college code: CASTR) would submit the following documents:
- audited financial statements: CASTR_201415_FS
- finance record (scan of signed version): CASTR_201415_SFR
- finance record (Excel version): CASTR_201415_EFR
- auditor’s management letter: CASTR_201415_ML
- annual report of the audit committee: CASTR_201415_AC
For other queries about submitting your accounts that have not been answered by this guide or the colleges’ accounts direction, please use EFA’s enquiry form:
16 to 19 providers (non-academy)
Contact form https://form.education...
For local authorities, schools, colleges and other (non-academy) providers contacting the Education Funding Agency.
Published: 4 November 2015
Updated: 17 December 2015
- The Education Funding Agency (EFA) has updated the page with additional information for sixth-form colleges about uploading their audited accounts and accompanying documents to the EFA Document Exchange.
- First published.
From: Education Funding Agency