A weekly summary of the latest HM Courts and Tribunals Service operational position for users. We will aim to update this every Friday at 4pm.
We email our weekly operational update to our subscribers on Sunday evenings, and share on social media on Monday mornings. Follow us on Twitter to check for daily or urgent updates.
HMCTS operational summary for week commencing Monday 25 October 2021
Next week’s update will be issued on Friday 29 October 2021.
- Update: Register for our 5th annual Public User Event. The event will take place virtually on Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 November 2021, and the schedule is now available.
- Update: We’re opening a new Nightingale Court in Warwick. The M40 J15 Warwick Hotel provides two additional Crown courtrooms for jury trials. The first courtroom will open on 29 October 2021 and the second courtroom will open on 8 November 2021. We’re extending 32 Crown Nightingale courtrooms to the end of March 2022. See the full list of Nightingale courts and additional courtrooms currently open.
- Reminder: You should continue to follow the relevant self-isolation rules which changed in August 2021 for England, Wales and Scotland.
- Reminder: All professional court and tribunal users should continue to wear face coverings whilst attending our buildings.
- Reminder: We actively encourage our staff and all court and tribunal users to continue with twice-weekly asymptomatic rapid testing regardless of their vaccination status. We also encourage individuals to take a free, rapid lateral flow COVID-19 test before coming to a court or tribunal. These are free and readily available in your local area, or to order online. Anyone who tests positive should self-isolate and follow the latest NHS advice.
- Update: We’ve published more information on Common Platform for defence professionals following our recent webinar.
- Reminder: Adjustments to the roll out schedule for Common Platform are always communicated directly to those affected. All sites currently operating with Common Platform will continue to do so irrespective of any such adjustments.
- Updated: Professional users filing a Queen’s Bench claim or appeal can now use our E-Filing service.
- Updated: From Monday 18 October 2021 local authorities and legal firms under the jurisdiction of Swindon, Truro, Reading, Oxford and Derby family courts must submit C110a applications for care and supervision orders online using MyHMCTS. Supporting documents for applications required by the Family Court should also be uploaded to MyHMCTS. Guidance on applying for a family law order is available via GOV.UK.
Judicial guidance and announcements
- Week commencing Monday 18 October 2021
- Week commencing Monday 11 October 2021
- Week commencing Monday 4 October 2021
- Week commencing Monday 27 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 20 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 13 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 6 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 30 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 23 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 16 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 9 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 2 August 2021