A weekly summary of the latest HM Courts and Tribunals Service operational position for users. We will aim to update this every Friday at 4pm.
We email our weekly operational update to our subscribers on Sunday evenings, and share on social media on Monday mornings. Follow us on Twitter to check for daily or urgent updates.
HMCTS operational summary for week commencing Monday 18 October 2021
Next week’s update will be issued on Friday 22 October 2021.
- Reminder: Registration for our 5th annual Public User Event is now open. The event will take place virtually on Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 November 2021.
- York Hilton Nightingale court has now closed, which provided one additional courtroom for family work. We are extending 32 Crown Nightingale courtrooms to the end of March 2022. See the full list of Nightingale courts and additional courtrooms currently open.
- Reminder: You should continue to follow the relevant self-isolation rules which changed in August 2021 for England, Wales and Scotland.
- Reminder: All professional court and tribunal users should continue to wear face coverings whilst attending our buildings.
- Reminder: We’ve added more detail to our COVID-19 guidance on GOV.UK when coming to our buildings. This does not change our current advice, but reminds you not to come to a court or tribunal if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, and you’re not fully vaccinated.
- Reminder: We actively encourage our staff and all court and tribunal users to continue with twice-weekly asymptomatic rapid testing regardless of their vaccination status. We also encourage individuals to take a free, rapid lateral flow COVID-19 test before coming to a court or tribunal. These are free and readily available in your local area, or to order online. Anyone who tests positive should self-isolate and follow the latest NHS advice.
- Updated: We published a blog to update on the impact the Manchester super courtroom has had on facilitating multi-handed trials as well as the progress being made in dealing with large hearings across our traditional Crown Court estate.
- Reminder: The latest news on progress and developments on national rollout of Common Platform was discussed at a recent webinar for defence professionals.
- Reminder: Any adjustments to the roll out schedule for Common Platform are always communicated directly to those affected. All sites currently operating with Common Platform will continue to do so irrespective of any such adjustments.
- Updated: From Monday 18 October 2021 local authorities and legal firms under the jurisdiction of Swindon, Truro, Reading, Oxford and Derby family courts must submit C110a applications for care and supervision orders online using MyHMCTS. Supporting documents for applications required by the Family Court should also be uploaded to MyHMCTS. Guidance on applying for a family law order is available via GOV.UK.
Judicial guidance and announcements
- Week commencing Monday 11 October 2021
- Week commencing Monday 4 October 2021
- Week commencing Monday 27 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 20 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 13 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 6 September 2021
- Week commencing Monday 30 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 23 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 16 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 9 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 2 August 2021
- Week commencing Monday 26 July 2021