HM Land Registry: Overseas Companies data
Get information about registered land and property in England and Wales that is owned by foreign companies.
Our Overseas Companies data contains around 100,000 title records of freehold and leasehold property in England and Wales, registered to foreign-owned companies.
Overseas Companies dataset
This licensed dataset includes:
- title number
- tenure (freehold/leasehold)
- land or property address
- price paid (where available)
- administrative area (local authority area)
- company name (legal owner(s))
- company registration number (where available)
- type of company (legal entity)
- country/territory of incorporation (data captured from 1999 onwards)
- company correspondence address(es)
- date the owner was registered at HM Land Registry
- additional proprietor indicator (indicates if there are other proprietors on the register which are not overseas companies)
- multiple address indicator (indicates where there is more than one property address on the register)
The data has been collected from a number of sources as part of the land registration process.
The data excludes:
- private individuals
- UK companies
- UK companies with an overseas address
Read the file specification for:
Access the free dataset
The free dataset contains every title registered to an overseas company up to 31 October 2015. This dataset will not be refreshed or updated. Read the file specification for the free dataset.
We collect and hold personal and non-personal information, which may be validated, to identify who has requested the data. For more information about how we handle personal data, see our personal information charter.
Access the chargeable dataset
The chargeable dataset is a complete extract of the Overseas Companies data and contains all of the changes that have occurred during the month. Read the file specification for the chargeable dataset.
To access the data you must:
- Sign the licence.
- Select the appropriate download package.
- State whether the data is for internal use only or for external reuse.
- Pay an upfront fee.
When we’ve received payment, you will be given access to your data package via a secure data room.
Choose a download package, depending on how frequently you want the data to be updated and refreshed:
- single download: a one-off download of the complete England and Wales data
- half-yearly download: a complete download of the England and Wales data at six monthly intervals
- quarterly download: a complete download of the England and Wales data at quarterly intervals
- premium package: unlimited download access to the complete England and Wales data plus quarterly refreshes and monthly ‘change only’ updates
Data is supplied in CSV format.
Purchase the data
To purchase the data or find out more, contact:
Get access to our commercial and corporate dataset which contains property titles owned by UK companies.