Use this service to ask for help as a mid-sized business with a UK turnover above £10 million or at least 20 employees.
You can get specialist help from HMRC if you have a complex tax issue and:
- you cannot find the information you need on GOV.UK
- there is not a dedicated team in HMRC that you can contact
The mid-sized business Customer Engagement Team will help deal with your query or direct you to someone who can.
If you’re a mid-sized business experiencing growth, you may be able to get additional support for growing businesses.
Who can use this service
This service can be used by any mid-sized business with either:
- a UK turnover above £10 million
- at least 20 employees
How to apply
- a Government Gateway user ID and password - if you do not have one, you can create one when you apply
- your business’s contact details - including name, correspondence address
- your unique taxpayer reference (known as a ‘UTR’), VAT registration number or employer PAYE reference
- details of your business’s annual turnover and number of employees
- you or your representative’s contact details
If you want to provide documents to support your application they’ll need to be less than 5MB each and in a commonly used format, like PDF, JPEG or DOCX.
Apply for help from the Customer Engagement Team for mid-sized business.
If your question cannot be answered through GOV.UK content or by contacting a dedicated team in HMRC, we’ll appoint someone to help you with your query.