Get help with a tax issue as a mid-sized business
Use this service to ask the HMRC Mid-sized Business Customer Support Team for help if you're a mid-sized business with a UK turnover above £10 million or at least 20 employees.
You can get help from HMRC if you have a tax issue and:
- cannot find the information you need on GOV.UK
- there is not a dedicated team in HMRC that you can contact for help
The Mid-sized Business Customer Support Team will help deal with your query or will direct you to someone who can.
If you’re a mid-sized business experiencing growth, you may be able to get additional support for growing businesses.
Who can use this service
This service can be used by any mid-sized business with either:
- a UK turnover above £10 million
- at least 20 employees
Agents can also use this service on behalf of their mid-sized business clients.
How to apply
- your own (company or agent) Government Gateway user ID and password — if you do not have one, you can create one when you apply
- contact details of the business — including name, telephone number and correspondence address
- the business’s unique taxpayer reference (UTR), VAT registration number or employer PAYE reference
- details of the business’s annual turnover and number of employees
- contact details of your agent or representative (if applicable)
If you want to provide documents to support your application, they’ll need to be less than 5MB each and in a commonly used format such as PDF, JPEG or DOCX.
If your question cannot be answered through GOV.UK content or by contacting a dedicated team in HMRC, we’ll appoint someone to help you with your query.
Last updated 14 March 2022 + show all updates
The guidance has been updated under 'How to apply' and to reflect the team's name change from the Mid-sized Business Customer Engagement Team to the Mid-sized Business Customer Support Team. Agents can also use this service on behalf of their mid-sized business clients.