Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the fundraising sector.
Fundraising is absolutely critical to charities and voluntary organisations. This apprenticeship trains you to build and manage relationships to support your organisation’s work and the people it helps.
A fundraiser shows how the funder’s money will benefit the people and the causes that their charity supports.
This apprenticeship will give you skills to be an effective fundraiser:
- developing and implementing fundraising plans
- monitoring and sustaining relationships with donors.
You can specialise in at least 2 fundraising areas:
- local and community fundraising
- fundraising events
- raising money through large donations
- applying for funding grants
- fundraising through working with businesses
- raising funds through using e-media and using mail to attract donors
This apprenticeship is endorsed by The Institute of Fundraising – the professional body for fundraisers.
Types of apprenticeships
This is an advanced level fundraising apprenticeship. You could train in roles like:
- fundraising officer
- fundraising coordinator
- fundraising support officer
Apply for a fundraising apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education