2007 to 2013 ERDF: national guidance
Forms and guidance about applying for and managing ERDF-supported projects, and details of state aid schemes running in England.
ERDF forms and guidance
The following forms and guidance must be used to manage the delivery of ERDF-supported projects. Many of the guidance documents offer advice about using ERDF forms.
English Business Support State Aid Scheme (PDF, 82.2KB, 21 pages)
Full application form guidance (MS Word Document, 732KB)
MCIS assets screen (PDF, 252KB, 7 pages)
National eligiblity rules (PDF, 108KB, 18 pages)
Procurement law compliance guidance note (PDF, 805KB, 55 pages)
Procurement checklist (MS Word Document, 72.4KB)
MCIS procurement screen (PDF, 118KB, 7 pages)
National publicity requirements (PDF, 3.64MB, 18 pages)
ERDF logos (ZIP, 4.43MB)
National ERDF handbook (PDF, 598KB, 137 pages)
Guidance to explain how to use the ERDF logos and contact details are in the document ‘National publicity requirements’ available above. Past versions of the guidance provided above is available on request from your local growth delivery team.
State aid law
State aid is an area of competition law which applies to public funding within the European Union.
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) state aid branch has lead responsibility within UK government for co-ordination and development of state aid policy.
National state aid law requirements (PDF, 186KB, 35 pages)
State aid guidance (PDF, 1.26MB, 22 pages)
The following schemes have been notified by DCLG to take advantage of the state aid exemptions available under the State aid law: Application of the Leipzig Halle principle in ERDF infrastructure projects (PDF, 259KB, 2 pages) .
The schemes are only available for use by the named organisations. Aid may only be provided where the implementing body has satisfied all the terms of the scheme, including the reporting requirements.
English Environmental State Aid Scheme (PDF, 112KB, 20 pages)
English Property Development State Aid Scheme (PDF, 58.9KB, 8 pages)
English Research, Development and Innovation State Aid Scheme (PDF, 109KB, 20 pages)
English Risk Capital Investment State Aid Scheme (PDF, 70.7KB, 7 pages)
General Block Exemption Regulation 2008 (PDF, 223KB, 45 pages)
Published: 14 March 2013
Updated: 9 July 2013
- English Property Development State Aid Scheme guidance updated to version 1.6.
- North East ERDF Programme Business Support Guide updated for version 2.
- West Midlands ERDF Business Support Guide version 3 now available. East Midlands ERDF Business Support Guide version 1 now available.
- Added ERDF logos zip file.
- Updated 2 documents: 'Full application indicators, costs and funding annex' and 'ERDF Article 55: revenue-generating projects requirements'.
- Updated broadband definitions in Yorkshire and Humber local indicator guidance.
- North East Business Support Guide added
- Added 2 documents: 'MCIS procurement screen' and 'MCIS assets screen' in 'guidance' section.
- Added v2 of full application checklist and local programme guidance documents. Page also updated to make it more relevant to current status of programme lifetime.
- Added document 'State Aid and infrastructure: Leipzig Halle guidance'.
- Various minor changes to the 'National publicity requirements' PDF.
- First published.