Empower an agent for the Single Payment Scheme

Anyone claiming Single Payment Scheme (SPS) can empower an 'agent' to manage their subsidy claim for them. Find out how to do it, and what levels of empowerment there are.

This guidance was withdrawn on

The Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) replaced the Single Payment Scheme on 1 January 2015.

The Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) will replace SPS in 2015. Go to to find out more.

You can ask someone else to act for you for SPS. This is called ‘empowerment’. You can read more information in this RPA empowerments leaflet (PDF, 234 KB, 6 pages).

Fill in an SP9 form

Use this form to tell the Rural Payments Agency:

  • who you want to act for you
  • what you want them to do.

Agent authorisation form (SP9)

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Rural Payments Agency

PO Box 69


Main switchboard 03000 200 301

(Official correspondence only)

Find out about call charges at

Rural Payments Agency

PO Box 300
S95 1AA

Published 7 February 2013