The Emerging Technology for Defence Programme develops and enhances UK Defence’s ability to exploit emerging technologies
UK defence and security forces must respond to and keep pace with a rapidly changing and complex global security landscape.
The programme works to develop and enhance Defence’s ability to exploit emerging technologies in order to maintain operational advantage into the future.
Specifically, the programme is:
- identifying and developing novel technologies with the potential to revolutionise the defence and security environment
- developing innovative models, tools and techniques that could provide a step-change in strategic decision making
- being the Dstl S&T Portfolio’s focal point for horizon scanning and technology watch
- strategic academic engagement and supporting strategic international research collaboration
- pursuing high-risk research that would allow defence to operate more efficiently, realising long-term cost savings.
This work enables the programme to: create the environment for S&T to challenge traditional approaches and explore high-risk, high-reward opportunities; and ensure exploitation of horizon scanning to improve the scope, quality and quantity of evidence to inform senior decision makers.
- Deliver of a range of academic research schemes
- Work with the Alan Turing Institute, the UK’s leading research establishment for data science horizon scanning for the Defence research portfolio
- Research into novel and emerging areas of technology
For more information about this programme, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.