Who can use the Driver and Vehicle Standards (DVSA) earned recognition logo, where it can be used, and how it must look.
DVSA earned recognition is the best way to show your business meets the highest driver and vehicle standards.
Who can use the logo
You can use the DVSA earned recognition logo if you’re either:
- an accredited DVSA earned recognition vehicle operator
- an approved DVSA earned recognition auditor
- an approved DVSA earned recognition IT supplier
DVSA will email you the logo artwork when you’re accredited or approved.
DVSA can withdraw permission to use the logo at any time.
Where you can use the logo
You can use the DVSA earned recognition logo on:
- websites - it must link to www.gov.uk/dvsa/earned-recognition
- event stands or materials
- signage for premises or depots
You can give the logo artwork to website designers, stationery printers and signage companies to help you make these.
Where you cannot use the logo
You cannot use the logo on:
- staff ID
Displaying the logo
You must keep a clear space around the DVSA earned recognition logo, which is at least as high and wide as the crown from the logo.
You must not:
- stretch or distort the logo
- change the colour of the logo
- change the lettering or wording
- make the logo bigger or more prominent than your logo
- use the logo to suggest you or an organisation are part of DVSA
Where to put the logo
Put the logo at the bottom of stationery, emails and letters with your other accreditation logos and symbols
Wording you have to use with the logo
You must use the wording ‘Accredited vehicle operator’ below the DVSA earned recognition logo if you’re a vehicle operator.
You must use the wording ‘Authorised audit provider’ below the DVSA earned recognition logo if you’re an auditor.
You must use the wording ‘Approved IT supplier’ below the DVSA earned recognition logo if you’re an IT supplier.
If you’re advertising a product, you can use the separate ‘Works with DVSA earned recognition’ logo. The same rules apply if you’re using this logo.
The logo is available in both black and white.
Your background colour will dictate which version of the logo you use.
When you place the logo on a photographic background, make sure it’s sitting on a clear, uncluttered part of the image.
Signage for premises or depots
You’re allowed to display the DVSA earned recognition logo on your premises and at your depots.
The logo must be:
- exactly 1,350mm wide by 625mm tall
- at least 1 metre from the ground
- no higher than 4.5 metres from the ground
You must use the black version of the logo on a white background for signage.
Report misuse of the logo
Contact DVSA if you think the DVSA earned recognition logo is being misused or used without permission.
It will help if you send:
- website links or screenshots if you saw it online
- photos if you saw it somewhere else
DVSA Intellectual Property team