The guidance and best practice provided by DVS for central government services.
We specialise in asset valuations, detailed surveys, general valuations, best value advice and benchmarking of individual assets or whole estates.
Drawing on the extensive experience of our staff in public sector property (including those with direct experience of working in government departments), we can look across the whole of central (and local) government, as well as the NHS, promoting best practice and identifying opportunities for joint activity, shared services and economies of scale.
We support policy decisions of government and the wider public sector to manage their estate more efficiently and effectively, thus helping to deliver government priorities. We are active members of RICS working groups & Government advisory groups, and have representatives of the main property disciplines on the Board of the Government Property Profession.
- General Valuations advice across residential and commercial properties.
- A wide range of data analysis and policy development advice
- HMT Green Book compliant economic property appraisals
- Valuations for: Financial accounting under IFRS and HMT rules, capital charging, insurance, and economic appraisal
- Academy and Free Schools Valuations under UKGAAP
- Valuations for Housing Associations
- Acquisition and Disposal Expertise to secure best value for money
- Asset management Consultancy
- Landlord and tenant (new leases, renewals, rent reviews and dilapidations)
- Strategic valuation to support estate policy
- Advice to Treasury Solicitor’s Office
Alastair Johnson – Head of Central Government and Infrastructure