Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the domestic heating sector.
This apprenticeship covers a wide range of skills for domestic heating, keeping people warm in their own homes.
You could work as a fitter, installing and repairing domestic heating systems.
On the intermediate level apprenticeship you could work as a domestic heating systems installer working under minimal supervision to complete the installation and maintenance of domestic hot water, cold water and central heating systems and components.
As an advanced level apprentice you could work as an advanced domestic heating installer completing and overseeing work to install, service, maintain and commission:
- domestic hot water, cold water and central heating systems
- domestic heating systems, components and gas-fired warm air appliances
- domestic heating systems, components and gas-fired water and central heating appliances
Types of apprenticeships
There are 2 types of apprenticeships.
Intermediate level apprenticeship
You’ll train as a domestic heating systems installer.
Advanced level apprenticeship
You’ll train as an advanced domestic heating installer
Apply for a domestic heating apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education