Holocaust education continuing professional development (CPD) is designed to help teachers develop their skills and confidence to improve Holocaust teaching.
What you can get
You can access a range of programmes and resources including:
- an initial teacher education course
- one day and evening workshops
- a masters module: The Holocaust in the Curriculum
- classroom materials and teaching resources
- local support through the beacon schools network
- events and film screenings
Secondary schools with an existing commitment to Holocaust education can apply to become a beacon school.
Beacon schools help a network of local schools to develop confidence, proficiency and excellence in Holocaust teaching and learning.
Who can get Holocaust education CPD
Trainee teachers or teachers in state-funded secondary schools in England can access Holocaust education CPD.
When it’s available
CPD courses and events take place throughout the year.
What it costs
Holocaust education CPD is free.
How to apply
Find out more
See the UCL Centre for Holocaust Education website for more information.