Crown Court Digital Case System training guides and videos
Guides and interactive videos for defence lawyers and prosecutors on using the Digital Case System to work on Crown Court cases online.
You can use the Crown Court Digital Case System to access, prepare and present information on a case.
You will be able to share information with court staff, the judge and the prosecution or defence, and collaborate on documents and the bundle.
Check the quick reference guides and interactive training videos, below, if you have any other problems.
Register, log in and find a case
- Register, log in and find a case (PDF, 776KB, 6 pages)
Manage account details
Give or ask for access to a case
Give or ask for access to a case (PDF, 1000KB, 6 pages)
Upload multiple documents
- Upload multiple documents (PDF, 383KB, 2 pages)
Manage the digital file cover
Memoranda: leave notes and messages
Memoranda: leave notes and messages (PDF, 460KB, 3 pages)
Manage the index and upload documents
Manage the index and upload documents (PDF, 806KB, 7 pages)
Manage the structure of a case
Redact and add hyperlinks in documents
Redact and add hyperlinks in documents (PDF, 716KB, 6 pages)
Download the index and bundle
Download a copy of the index and bundle (PDF, 806KB, 6 pages)
Search within a case
Navigate a digital case file
Navigate the digital case file (PDF, 677KB, 4 pages)
Navigate on a page
Additional review tools
Direct a court to a page
Download and upload documents in the review pane
Download and upload documents in the review pane (PDF, 695KB, 3 pages)
Create notes in a digital case file
Create notes in the digital case file (PDF, 1.19MB, 8 pages)
Legal Aid Agency reports
- Legal Aid Agency reports (simple reports showing non-private sections and documents) (PDF, 557KB, 4 pages)
Manage the indictment
- Manage the indictment (PDF, 383KB, 3 pages)
Manage the plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH) form
- Manage the plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH) form (PDF, 638KB, 6 pages)
Digital Case System to Crown Prosecution Service two-way interface
Digital Case System to CPS two-way interface (PDF, 304KB, 4 pages)
Digital Case System standard file structure
- Digital Case System standard file structure (PDF, 162KB, 4 pages)
Record of Case Activity (ROCA)
- Record of Case Activity (ROCA) (PDF, 606KB, 4 pages)
Help and support
For more help, contact the Digital Case System support team.
(Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm)
Give us a brief description of the issue and if it’s with the training or live site. Include your name, phone number, location and when you want to be contacted.
Published: 29 January 2016
Updated: 27 April 2017
- Digital Case System to CPS two-way interface guide updated.
- Additional training video added
- Update to Digital Case System to Crown Prosecution Service two-way interface guide
- Updates to 14 of the user guides
- Added DCS to CPS two-way interface and DCS standard file structure guidance documents
- First published.