Guidance for vacancy holders using vX system Civil Service Jobs. Covers how to create, edit and prepare a job advert for publication.
Creating a vacancy
From Dashboard select Create Vacancy, then complete the Create New Vacancy form:
- select a template to load the remaining sections of the form
- questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory
- you must complete all mandatory fields before saving
- the system will time out after 60 minutes of inactivity
- once saved, you can edit details before posting
- candidates can see questions highlighted in purple on the job advert
- If you Save before completing all mandatory fields, any that are incomplete will be highlighted in red.
Some sections have preset answers, which you can override.
Sift and interview evaluation forms are dynamic, so change depending on your selected Success Profile elements. It is important these are correct.
If you wish to add online tests, see Selecting online tests.
Reviewing or editing your vacancy
- Select the Vacancy Details tab.
- Review your information.
- To make changes, select Edit at the top of the tab.
- Changes must be saved - select Save at the bottom of the tab.
Sending to your recruiter
Once your vacancy is checked, select Review your vacancy, then select to send to Recruitment.
Resending to a recruiter
If a recruiter has questions about the vacancy, you may get an email requesting that you update your provided information.
Once you have edited the vacancy, return it to your recruiter using the Resend to recruitment button.
Copying an existing vacancy
Find the original vacancy
Use the search box in the top right of the page:
- Select Search Vacancies - it may already be set.
- Enter the vacancy title or ID number (fewer than 6 digits).
Select and copy
- Select and highlight the vacancy from your results.
- Select Copy from the menu bar, then confirm.
- In the Summary tab, select Edit.
- Edit the Vacancy Title, Preferred go live date and Preferred vacancy closing date to reflect your new vacancy.
- Follow Creating a vacancy to review, edit, and send to a recruiter.
Giving access to panel members
For other people to access your vacancy, you can add them as panel members. They must request an account if they do not have one.
- From the vacancy summary, go to the Panel tab.
- Select Add Participant.
- In the User / Profile field enter the name of the person to add. Some people have multiple accounts, so if unsure select their Vacancy Holder profile.
- In the Category field, select the required access level from the dropdown.
- Tick Can View Applications, then select the Add Participant button.
Help and support
Contact your recruitment team if you need help using the system.