Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the commercial moving sector.
This apprenticeship trains you to move office and other furniture and goods to new premises or into storage.
Working in this sector may include European or worldwide relocations, as well as local or national moves.
After receiving instructions at base, removals operatives travel with the removal truck to collect the items. A team leader liaises with the customer and confirms which items are to be moved or stored. Sometimes specialist packers from the removal firm go to the site a day or two before the move to wrap and pack delicate items.
Removals operatives need:
- to be physically fit
- good practical skills
- to be able to get on with customers from all backgrounds
- to work well as a member of a team and be able to follow instructions
- an honest and responsible attitude to other people’s property
Types of apprenticeships
This is an intermediate level apprenticeship. You could train in roles like:
- specialist/fine art packer
- driver/packer and unpacker
- office remover
Apply for a commercial moving apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education