An event for companies interested in the provision of the Analysis for Science and Technology research in Defence (ASTRID) framework
Dstl currently has an industry managed framework (The Analysis Support Construct (ASC)) in place which is used by both Dstl and wider MOD to deliver high impact analysis. There is a continued requirement to respond to customer needs to deliver analysis and enabling services across Defence, Security and Resilience and in order to maximise commercial and technical efficiency. Dstl therefore has a possible requirement for a multi-year replacement route to market when ASC ends in March 2020. The scope of the new arrangement, known as Analysis for Science and Technology research in Defence (ASTRID) is expected to include:
- Analysis covering all areas of Defence, Security and Resilience.
- Enabling services such as data gathering, facilitation of / participation in workshops.
- Full software model services including development, maintenance and running of such models.
Dstl is planning an ASTRID Market Interest Day to be held in the Portsmouth area on 17 October 2018. The event will start at 0930 for arrival coffee and finish at 1600. Lunch shall be provided as part of the event. A key part of the day is to obtain early supplier input to explore potential ways of working to improve communication, collaboration, efficiency and overall value for money. In particular, supplier views will be sought on ways to discharge larger, aggregated requirements through the ASTRID framework and enable early collaboration between Dstl, customers and the supply chain. The event is relevant to any potential suppliers across industry or academia, from those interested in bidding to be a prime contractor for the framework to those looking to lead or support requirements sourced via the framework once contracted.
The Market Interest Day will take the following format:
- Briefings from Dstl on the aims, scope and timelines for the procurement.
- Briefings from different technical areas.
- Breakout sessions for discussions and industry feedback on different ways of working to meet the objectives outlined above.
- Opportunities for networking between delegates.
Delegates wishing to attend the event should register via this link on or before 3 October 2018. Numbers will be strictly limited to 200 industry participants, so the following will apply:
- Maximum of 2 attendees from any individual company or academic institution (inc. subsidiaries and/or trading entities).
- Requests for additional attendees from any organisation will be held on a waiting list for consideration once overall numbers are known.
- Acceptance of registrations will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis subject to the above criteria.
Full delegate packs with details of the venue will then be issued to the confirmed delegate list via email. Any queries about the event should be sent by email to email@example.com
Everything discussed on the day will be at Official Classification and Subject to Contract. This advert was published in the Defence Contracts Online (DCO) on 18 September 2018
You must not take this announcement to mean confirmation that MOD shall award a contract for this requirement. The MOD is publishing this announcement without any commitment to issue an invitation to tender or place a contract. Accordingly, any expenditure, work or effort undertaken prior to contract award is a matter solely for the commercial judgement of potential suppliers. Announcements may also be published on Defence Contracts Online, Contracts Finder or the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU), as appropriate.