Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means
Statutory guidance for headteachers and local authority assessment co-ordinators assessing and reporting the KS2 national curriculum.
For those who may wish to print out the guidance in full, there is also a PDF format version of this publication available.
Updated version March 2016
Updates reflect the information contained in Clarification: key stage 1 and 2 teacher assessment and moderation guidance, published on 8 March 2016.
If you are already familiar with this guidance, you do not need to re-read it but should refer to the updated sections below:
- section 2.3, 3.2, 9.1, 9.7, 9.8 and 13.3 - change of date for submission of TA assessment data
- section 9.3 - clarification of evidence required to support TA judgements
- section 9.6 - clarification of dates for TA moderation visits
- Section 1: Introduction About the 2016 key stage ARA and how to use the new manuals format
- Section 2: Key changes A summary of the main changes introduced for 2016
- Section 3: Key dates Dates throughout the 2015 to 2016 assessment cycle
- Section 4: 2016 national curriculum tests Includes information about the new 2016 tests, scaled scores, sample test materials, test frameworks, modified test materials and test orders
- Section 5: Participation in the tests How different types of schools participate in the tests, which pupils should take them and details of access arrangements
- Section 6: Test administration About the testing window, keeping materials secure, the headteacher's declaration form (HDF) and reporting results
- Section 7: Monitoring the tests Information on monitoring the tests including maladministration
- Section 8: Science sampling Key dates, test administration and results for the biennial science sampling tests
- Section 9: Teacher assessment Includes what teachers must assess, details of the interim frameworks, pupils working below the standard of the national curriculum, moderation and reporting
- Section 10: Test results Details about the return of results to schools, reviews of marking and how the results are used
- Section 11: Reporting to parents Contains information about what reports must cover and reporting on pupils who change schools
- Section 12: Keeping and maintaining records Information on disclosure of educational records and transferring records to a pupil's new school
- Section 13: Legal requirements and responsibilities Includes information about the legal status of ARA, the application of the ARA to different types of school and headteachers' responsibilities