Grants and bursaries for adult learners

Adult learners can apply for grants and bursaries to help pay for courses and training. Usually, you do not have to pay this money back.

For most grants and bursaries you apply directly to the organisation that gives them out. They’ll have an application form and will be able to tell you if you qualify.

If you’re a parent, you might also be able to get help with childcare costs while you study.

Search for education grants

Turn2Us provides information about education grants and has a grant search.

Course-specific grants

The City & Guilds Foundation offers bursaries to people who study for a City & Guilds or ILM qualification.

Dance and Drama Awards are available at some specialist private schools and help with fees and living costs.

The General Federation of Trade Unions Educational Trust has grants for students of economic theory and history, industrial law and industrial relations.

If you’re training: