You could get a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) to help with fees and living costs at one of 19 private dance and drama schools.

Apply direct to the dance and drama school you want to go to. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.

You must be 16 or over and show talent and a likelihood to succeed in the industry.

How much you get - 2015 to 2016 academic year

The amount you get depends on:

  • your household income
  • where you live and study

Download the national scales to find out how much you could get.


To get help with fees you must:

  • be an EU citizen and have been living in the EU for 3 continuous years immediately before the start of your course
  • have ‘settled status’
  • have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK

To get help with living costs you must be from England, Scotland or Wales.


You must be studying for one of these Trinity College London Diplomas:

  • Level 6 Diploma in Professional Acting (3 years)
  • Level 5 Diploma in Professional Acting (1 year)
  • Level 5 Diploma in Professional Dance (Classical Ballet or Contemporary Dance) (2 years)
  • Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance (3 years)
  • Level 6 Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre (3 years)


You must be 16 or over for dance courses.

You must be 18 or over for acting courses.

DaDA schools for 2015 to 2016

The following schools offer DaDAs for the 2015 to 2016 academic year:

Appeal against a decision to refuse you a DaDA

Contact the school if you want to appeal their decision not to give you a DaDA.

Help and advice

For help and advice contact your school.