You could get a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) to help with fees and living costs at one of 19 private dance and drama schools.
Apply direct to the dance and drama school you want to go to. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.
You must be aged 16 to 23 and show talent and a likelihood to succeed in the industry.
How much you get - 2017 to 2018 academic year
The amount you get depends on:
- your household income
- where you live and study
Download the national scales to find out how much you could get.
To get help with fees you must:
- be an EU citizen and have been living in the EU for 3 continuous years immediately before the start of your course
- have ‘settled status’
- have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK
To get help with living costs you must be from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
You must be studying for one of these Trinity College London Diplomas:
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Acting (3 years)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Acting (1 year)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Dance (Classical Ballet or Contemporary Dance) (2 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance (3 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre (3 years)
You must be aged 16 to 23 for dance courses.
You must be aged 18 to 23 for acting courses.
DaDA schools for 2017 to 2018
The following schools offer DaDAs for the 2017 to 2018 academic year:
- ALRA (Academy of Live and Recorded Arts)
- Arts.Ed, London
- Bird College - Dance and Drama Theatre Performance
- Bodywork Company
- Elmhurst Ballet School
- English National Ballet School
- The Hammond School
- Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts
- Laine Theatre Arts
- Liverpool Theatre School
- Millennium Performing Arts
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Northern Ballet School
- The Oxford School of Drama
- Performers College
- SLP College Leeds
- Stella Mann College
- Tring Park School for the Performing Arts
- Urdang Academy
Appeal against a decision to refuse you a DaDA
Contact the school if you want to appeal their decision not to give you a DaDA.
Help and advice
For help and advice contact your school.