You could get a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) to help with fees and living costs at one of 17 private dance and drama schools.
Apply direct to the dance and drama school you want to go to. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.
You must be aged 16 to 23 and show talent and a likelihood to succeed in the industry.
How much you get - 2021 to 2022 academic year
The amount you get depends on:
- your household income
- where you live and study
To get help with fees and living costs you must have been living in the UK, the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Gibraltar for the past 3 years.
You must also be one of the following:
- a UK or Irish citizen
- a family member of a UK National - you must both have both been living in the UK, the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein for the past 3 years
- a migrant worker from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein or the family member of a migrant worker from one of these countries and both have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- a person granted indefinite leave to remain
- the child of a Turkish worker who has permission to stay in the UK
If you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you might still be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you were living in the UK by 31 December 2020. The deadline to apply for most people was 30 June 2021. You can apply if you have ‘reasonable grounds’ for not applying by the deadline - for example, you had an illness or were the victim of domestic abuse.
You must be studying for one of these Trinity College London Diplomas:
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Acting (3 years)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Acting (1 year)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Dance (Classical Ballet or Contemporary Dance) (2 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance (3 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre (3 years)
You must be aged 16 to 23 for dance courses.
You must be aged 18 to 23 for acting courses.
DaDA schools for 2021 to 2022
The following schools offer DaDAs for the 2021 to 2022 academic year:
Appeal against a decision to refuse you a DaDA
Contact the school if you want to appeal their decision not to give you a DaDA.
Help and advice
For help and advice contact your school.