You could get a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) to help with fees and living costs at one of 17 private dance and drama schools.
Apply direct to the dance and drama school you want to go to. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.
You must be aged 16 to 23 and show talent and a likelihood to succeed in the industry.
How much you get - 2018 to 2019 academic year
The amount you get depends on:
- your household income
- where you live and study
To get help with fees you must:
- be an EU citizen and have been living in the EU for 3 continuous years immediately before the start of your course
- have ‘settled status’
- have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK
To get help with living costs you must be from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
You must be studying for one of these Trinity College London Diplomas:
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Acting (3 years)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Acting (1 year)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Dance (Classical Ballet or Contemporary Dance) (2 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance (3 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre (3 years)
You must be aged 16 to 23 for dance courses.
You must be aged 18 to 23 for acting courses.
DaDA schools for 2018 to 2019
The following schools offer DaDAs for the 2018 to 2019 academic year:
Appeal against a decision to refuse you a DaDA
Contact the school if you want to appeal their decision not to give you a DaDA.
Help and advice
For help and advice contact your school.