Working for British Embassy Kyiv
The British Embassy Kyiv receives a number of enquiries from individuals who report getting unsolicited employment offers from the United Kingdom. Please be aware of fraudulent job offers.
Unsolicited employment offers purporting to be from Petrуleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA) have been reported as suspicious. Any communication from individuals purporting to be employed by Customer Contact Centre, UK Visa’s and Immigration (UKVI) and acting on behalf of their employer should be considered fraudulent, particularly if these offers involve requests for funds to be sent to the United Kingdom by money transfer.
The Home Office is currently investigating these cases.
The British Embassy in Ukraine would like to draw your attention to the following:
- UKVI does not contact prospective job applicants outside the United Kingdom to collect application fees
- UKVI does not work collaboratively with prospective employers to facilitate “work permit” or visa applications by job candidates
- UKVI will never request payment of application fees to be sent by money transfer to the United Kingdom to a named UKBA employee
- UKVI advises all recipients of unsolicited employment offers to treat them with extreme caution
Centres for Migrant Advice
If you consider going abroad for travel, study or work, we recommend you to contact your local Centre for Migrant Advice which provides the following free of charge services:
- internet access to search for migration-related information
- information on workers’ rights overseas
- help in understanding terms of agreement suggested by your foreign employer and/or company assisting you find employment abroad
- information on legal opportunities for migration, including labour migration and temporary labour agreements
- information on dangers of illegal and irregular migration to countries abroad
- information about visa requirements of your destination country.
We advise all interested in travelling to the UK, studying or working, to receive more information on UK Visas and Immigration website.
Read more on tricks and scams fraudsters use here.
Current work opportunities
If you are interested in a job opportunity at the British Embassy in Kyiv or one of the other UK delegations, UKTI offices, other government departments or consulates in Ukraine, please visit the FCO Local Staff vacancies website
To filter the search for current vacancies, use the “Country/Territory” field on the left of the page and select the country you wish to search.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Staff recruited locally are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.