Office access and opening times
Public holidays and information about accessing the British Consulate General Jerusalem.
- Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (Local time)
- Only through appointments. More information about the Consulate’s Consular services can be found here
The Visa Application Centre at the British Information Service in Gaza is currently closed. We are continually monitoring the situation in Gaza and hope to be able to resume services as soon as possible.
The Consulate, including the Consular Section, will be closed on the following days in 2017:
|Monday 2 January||New Year’s Day|
|Friday 14 April||Good Friday|
|Monday 17 April||Easter Monday (Western/Catholic)|
|Monday 1 May||Easter Monday (Eastern/Orthodox)|
|Monday 29 May||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Tuesday 30 May||Privilege Holiday for Queen’s Birthday|
|Monday 26 June||Eid El Fitr|
|Tuesday 27 June||Eid El Fitr|
|Monday 28 August||Summer Bank Holiday|
|Friday 1 September||Eid Al-Adha|
|Monday 4 September||Eid Al-Adha|
|Tuesday 5 September||Eid Al-Adha|
|Monday 25 December||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday 26 December||Boxing Day|
- Muslim holidays are subject to lunar observation and therefore subject to change at short notice
- Yom Kippur falls on Saturday 30 September
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this Consulate-General are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this Consulate-General. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- there are small steps that must be negotiated to enter the main pedestrian entrance. The Consulate security staff are available to assist.
- wheelchair access to the office is gained by using the mobile wheelchair ramp.
- the public areas of the Visa and Consular Section, including the counter and interview room, are easily accessible to those in wheelchairs or with physical disabilities.
- main inside entrance doors are fire doors and therefore heavy and not easy to use for those with mobility impairment.
- the building and territory lighting of the Consulate are good on all levels.
- the Consulate is fitted with emergency alarms and arrangements are in place for assisting disabled visitors in case of emergency/evacuation.
- the Consulate is not equipped with lifts and handrails.
- the Consulate toilets are not especially designed for the needs of wheelchair-users and those with limited physical mobility.
Access for visually-impaired visitors/ Access for Deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- signs within the Consulate are mostly clear and easy to read in English, Arabic and Hebrew languages. Please ask if you require any help with any information within the Consulate.
- the Consulate reception counter has an efficient speaker amplification system.
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact our us at +972 (0)2 5414100 who will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.