#VivaShakespeare! - Win a trip for two to the UK
To commemorate 400 years of William Shakespeare’s death, the British Embassy is offering the opportunity for two Ecuadoreans to travel to the United Kingdom to learn about Shakespeare and his legacy.
To mark the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death, the British Embassy has organized a contest to encourage people in Ecuador to learn more about William Shakespeare and to celebrate his life and work with us.
The contest, called “Shakespeare Lives!”, is part of a worldwide initiative to celebrate Shakespeare’s enduring legacy. The prize in this contest will be a trip for two people to visit London and Stratford-Upon-Avon, William Shakespeare’s birthplace, to learn more about Shakespeare and the UK.
Terms and conditions
The contest will be open from August 1st 2016 to September 2nd 2016.
- Contestants must re-enact an extract from Act III, Scene II from Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- The video must be 45 to 60 seconds long and recorded in English and it can be animated, acted or any other. The most creative video wins!
- The video must be uploaded to the contestant’s private Google drive account or YouTube channel. All files must be restricted to public view, only visible via the shared link.
- The link should be sent together with the name, age, passport number, name of the educational institution where the contestant is studying (in case they’re a student) or company where the contestant works (in case they’re working) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contestants must be 18 or over, resident in Ecuador and have a valid Ecuadorean passport, valid for at least one year.
- Any contestant that does not meet the requirements set out above will be disqualified from the contest.
- The judging panel will comprise representatives of the British Embassy in Ecuador and educational institutions. The decision will be announced in September this year.
- The prize for the best video will be a 5 day “Shakespearean” Tour for two people to the cities of London and Stratford-upon-Avon, where they will be able to relive the writer’s life. The prize includes two round-trip tickets Quito-London-Quito, accommodation for 4 nights and a small stipend for incidental expenses. The winners must be able to complete their trip before December 20th 2016.
- The winners must cover the fee for the tourist visa (approximately $110) plus all additional expenses such as airport transfers. The winner and the guest must meet all the visa requirements and must have international health and travel insurance.
- The winner and companion are requested to document their trip on social networks and other channels, and to authorise the British Embassy in Quito and partner organisations (including British Council, Visit Britain, Shakespeare Lives) to use photographs and recordings in order to promote the Shakespeare campaign.
- Staff members of the British Embassy Quito and direct family members cannot take part of the contest.
- If you have any questions, please send a private message to our Facebook.
We want to thank the British Council, Shakespeare Lives, Shakespeare’s England and Visit Britain for their support with this event.