Job Vacancy: Part Time Digital Diplomacy Officer
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
We are looking for a suitable person for the position of Part Time Digital Diplomacy Officer.
The British Embassy is seeking a suitable person for a part time (2.5 days per week) Digital Diplomacy Officer position. The successful candidate will work in the Political & Public Diplomacy Section in the British Embassy, leading on all digital media engagement to support Embassy strategic communications objectives. The work involves proactive and innovative use of social media to support British Embassy activity in Uzbekistan.
Some weekend or evening working maybe required to support Embassy events: time off in lieu will be given. The British Embassy offers excellent professional development opportunities.
Category of difficulty
- Digital media engagement; strategic communication; use of social networks for digital diplomacy
- Events Management
- Project & Strategy implementation
- Managing external contacts in the mass media community
- Support wider thematic work
- Residence: Uzbekistan
- Educational background: Higher education degree
- Language requirements: Fluent English and Russian are essential; working knowledge of Uzbek is preferable but not required.
- Abilities to multi-task, work independently and accuracy in detail are also essential.
- Region: Uzbekistan / Tashkent
- Employment: Part-time: 2.5 days per week.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tashkent are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local employment law.
Please apply in writing with a covering letter with a copy of your CV and two passport sized photographs by 5:00 pm on Tuesday 10 December 2013 to:
Head of Political & Public Diplomacy Section
67 Gulyamov Street
Interviews are expected to start week commencing 16 December with a tentative starting date of 13 January 2014.
Only applicants selected for interview will receive communication from the Embassy