The ‘Anti-bribery Management System (ABMS)’ conference will present the different anti-bribery regulations of the UK and Korea.
The FCO (through the FCO Prosperity Fund) is supporting the BSI Group Korea’s 15 September conference on the ‘Anti-bribery Management System (ABMS)’.
The ‘Anti-bribery Management System (ABMS)’ conference will present the different anti-bribery regulations of the UK and Korea. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the procedures available to organisations and an enhanced view of corporate risk.
In the UK, the Bribery Act was introduced in 2010. BSI’s anti-corruption management system (BS10500) has become the de-facto international anti-bribery standard (ISO37001).
In Korea, The Improper Solicitation and Graft Act was introduced in March 2015.
UK standards’ expert, Scott Steedman, will deliver a keynote speech on the regulatory overview. Other experts from UK law firms, academia and government will share case studies and experience to help improve the anti-bribery management system.
Conference registration and programme
Contact point for the enquiries
- Jungmin Han, BSI group Korea
- Tel: 02-6271-4014
- Email: JungMin.Han@bsigroup.com
- Time: 15 September 2015, Tuesday, 13.00-18.00
- Venue: British Embassy Seoul, Aston Hall
- Language: Korean, English
- Organiser: BSI Group Korea
- Supporting Organisation: British Embassy Seoul
Key Note Speech: Standards as alternative and guide to regulation: Bribery Act & BS 10500
- Speaker: Scott Steedman, Director of Standard, BSI Group
The Improper Solicitation and Graft Act: Enforcement Ordinance and corporate guidance
- Speaker: Han-kyun Rho, Professor of Kookmin University
BS 10500 capacity building programme Case study: Implementing Anti-bribery management system
- Speaker: Young-joong Cho, Human holdings ltd.
International approaches to anti-corruption and examples
- Speaker: Thomas Walsh, Clifford Chance
United Nations Global Compact: Ten principles and anti-corruption
- Speaker: Hong-jae Im, UNGC Director
ABMS Capacity Building Programme: How BSI can help organisation build and implement an ABMS
- Speaker: Mingu Jun, BSI Group Korea