England vs Ecuador and Honduras travel advice
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Travel advice for England fans travelling to Miami for the Ecuador vs England match on 4 June and the Honduras vs England match on 7 June.
Advice for fans travelling to Miami for the pre-world cup England friendly matches.
Ecuador vs England
Date: Wednesday 4 June
Venue: Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
Kick off time: 3.00 pm (Local Time)
Honduras vs England
Date: Sunday 7 June
Venue: Sun Life Stadium
Kick off time: 4.45 pm (Local Time)
In addition to this advice, please review our travel advice for the USA.
Passports and visas
- Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. You do not need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.
- The US Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit the US for up to 90 days. The types of journey that are permissible under the VWP include tourism, certain types of business visit and transit to another country. If you have a British passport that describes your nationality as something other than ‘British Citizen’ you will need to get a visa.
- All those travelling under the Visa Waiver Programme arriving by air or sea should provide details online at least 72 hours before travel. This is known as an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). If you do not have an ESTA you will be refused entry to the USA. For more information and to apply online, visit the official ESTA website.
- Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not valid in the US and so comprehensive travel insurance is essential, even if you are only going for one night. It could save you a lot of money should you get into difficulty.
- You must carry a form of identification with you at all times.
Getting to the stadium
The stadium can only be accessed by vehicle. A taxi will cost approximately $50 one-way, from either the city or beach areas. There are no trains or buses to the stadium so plan your journey carefully. Sun Life Stadium parking lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff. To avoid delays, arrive early and follow the direction of the parking attendants and police officers. Parking costs $25.
At the match
- England supporters can enter the stadium at any turnstile. However, gate H is nearest to seating in Bays 149 and 150.
- Access to the stadium can take time - there will be ticket checks and body searches at the entrance to the turnstiles.
- The restrictions in place for the stadium are similar to ground regulations in the UK stadiums.
- As in any other city, beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at airports, train stations, around the town centre and when using public transport. Only carry what you need. Leave spare cash and valuables in hotel safety deposits.
- 1 June marks the start of the Atlantic Hurricane Season. In the event of a hurricane or tropical storm, follow the advice of the local authorities at all times
- You should be mindful of Florida alcohol laws. The legal drinking age in Florida is 21. Driving while intoxicated is not tolerated and can be met with extremely heavy penalties. You may not drive with an open container of alcohol in the passenger compartment of your car. If the containers have been opened, you are required by law to place the containers in the boot of your car.
British Consulate General Miami
1001 Brickell Bay Drive
Miami FL 33131
Telephone: +1 305 400 6400
Public access by appointment only
Emergency Telephone Numbers
Dial 911 for any emergencies while in the United States.
For further information, please visit the following: