Young women who have had at least a first degree are called upon to apply for the 10 scholarships before the 30th of November 2014.
The British High Commission funded scholarship scheme aims at training women at masters degree levels in Cameroon’s state Universities/ private Higher Learning Institutions and by so doing empower them to become active participants in their country’s development and be ambassadors of change among their peers.
Eligibility and Core criteria
All selected Scholars must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• must have secured an admission for the 2014/2015 academic year in any higher education institution of learning in Cameroon by 31st January 2015. Failure in securing admission by this date will lead to the withdrawal of scholarship.
• must be a national of Cameroon
• must hold an undergraduate degree (an equivalent of 3 - 4 years undergraduate studies) in any field with grade of at least a Second Class-upper (Hons). • must have at least two (2) years work experience by 30 September 2014
There is no age limit for Cameroon Women’s Scholarship.
Candidates are to be assessed against the following criteria
• have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in their home country • be motivated to make a career leading to a position of leadership in their own countries within 10 years of their Scholarship • be committed to networking to find global solutions to key development issues • be able to use their studies and experience to benefit themselves, their country and the FCO • be capable of successfully undertaking and completing their proposed course
NB: Application and personal statements MUST be in English Language irrespective of the language of instruction of the candidate and the school she will be attending.
Priority areas The priority areas in which candidates are sought for 2014-15 are as follows:
• Human Rights • Rule of Law /Governance • Information and Communication Technology • Science and Technology • Development studies • Media Management and Legislation • Security (International Security/Security Management/Terrorism/Regional Development/Conflict Resolution/Peace Studies.
All completed applications must be sent online to the following email address:Camwomenscholarship@gmail.com
For any inquiries call: 9968 0705, 98123275.