Call for project proposals 2016-2017: promoting human rights in Tunisia
The British Embassy in Tunis is inviting project proposals (bids) for the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD) run by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
The British Embassy in Tunis is inviting project proposals (bids) for the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD) run by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) on the themes of:
- Human rights in the security and justice sector, including torture prevention
- Minority rights, including LGBT
- Freedom of expression
Project proposals covering other human rights objectives outlined in the MCFHRDP strategy will be accepted, but please note that priority will be given to the above themes.
The deadline for submission of initial concept notes is 12 February 2016.
About the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD)
The Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD), run by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), is a dedicated strategic programme fund supporting global human rights and democracy work. Through targeted projects, it aims to tackle the root causes of human rights violations, strengthen institutions and governance, promote and protect human rights, and support democracy and the rule of law.
Full details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/human-rights-and-democracy-programme
- Project proposals must clearly demonstrate how they will support the FCO’s strategy in at least one of the three thematic priorities of the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy Programme listed above.
- Projects should be able to start from May 2016 .
- We welcome projects funded with other donors. All projects must demonstrate how they complement the efforts of other donors and bring added value. We strongly encourage projects that seek future funding from other bodies (i.e. EU, UN) to follow-on work.
The project concept notes will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Value for money
- Alignment with MCFHRD Strategy and FCO’s Foreign Policy Priorities
- Evidence of local demand or need
- Project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation(s)
- Project design, including clear, achievable impact
- Risk and stakeholder management
MCF_1617_BIDDING_GUIDANCE_FOR_POTENTIAL_IMPLEMENTERS.docx (PDF, 190KB, 14 pages)
MCFHRDP call for proposals 2016-17.docx (PDF, 73.4KB, 2 pages)
Grant_Contract_Short_Form.docx (PDF, 86.3KB, 14 pages)
Project_Concept_Form.docx (PDF, 96KB, 2 pages)
Full proposal documents
Implementers will be invited to submit full proposals if their project concept notes are successful. See the guidance documents above for more information on the bidding process.
Please see the full proposal forms and template activity based budget below:
Proposal_Form_-under_10k-_160104.docx (PDF, 118KB, 3 pages)
SPF.2014.F002_Proposal_Form_-__10k_to__80k.doc (PDF, 141KB, 9 pages)
SPF.2014.F001_Proposal_Form_-_over__80k.doc (PDF, 150KB, 11 pages)
2015-16_ABB_Template.xlsx (PDF, 63.4KB, 1 page)
Send an email to BritishEmbassyTunis@fco.gov.uk for any questions or queries.