Call for Bids: British Embassy Yerevan
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British Embassy Yerevan is accepting bids to its “BRITISH HORIZONS” initiative.
This initiative aims to connect experts from the UK with partner organisations in Armenia, with a visit to Yerevan for up to one week to deliver high-level professional training, exchange and public diplomacy in the domain of democracy building and human rights. Bids can also be part of a wider bid, or support an existing and ongoing project.
The target thematic areas for 2015 to 2016 are:
- business and human rights
- democracy and rule of law
- freedom of expression
- freedom of religion or belief
- global torture prevention
- preventing sexual violence in conflict
- promoting women’s rights, including the promotion of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security
More details on each thematic area and objective can be found in FCO’s HRD Programme Strategy Document (attached).
PDF, 315KB, 8 pages
To apply for funding, the following procedures and deadlines are applied:
- Bids should be sent electronically to email@example.com indicating ‘British Horizons’ in the subject field by May 31, 2015. Required template is attached.
You can call for questions +374 10 212009
PDF, 199KB, 2 pages
- Bids should not exceed £4000 in total and should cover expert’s fee (if required), flight, accommodation, any visit and event related costs.
- The expert/s should be a well respected in their field in the UK and internationally, preferably have knowledge about the region. The initial discussion with the expert (as a proof of expert’s commitment) should be submitted with the bid. The visit to Armenia can be planned any time between July 2015 and February 2016. Organisations can submit more than one nomination. Non-profit legal entities as well as state institutions are eligible to apply.
- Any successful bid will need to be well structured and be able to demonstrate strong accountability and good value for money.
- The selection results will be announced by mid June 2015.
- Innovative and creative approaches in project design are encouraged