British Embassy Chisinau announces calls for proposals for this year´s Good Governance Fund - Strategic Support Fund
Submissions for Moldova´s Good Governance Fund – Strategic Support Fund are now welcome.
The UK Government’s Good Governance Fund (GGF) was launched in 2015 to support economic reform and good governance in Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Serbia, and Bosnia & Herzegovina.
In line with the priorities of the GGF’s Theory of Change, the Fund will support work in the following areas in 2017: rule of law and democratic accountability, particularly justice sector reform and development of civil society; supporting the investment climate, particularly modernisation of key economic sectors; support transparent public financial management and anti-corruption; strengthening independent media and strategic communications.
One of the cornerstones of the GGF’s priorities for the current year is increasing civil engagement at community level in order to build prosperity for the Moldovan citizens on local and regional levels inclusively, as well as to make their elected local leaders and institutions more accountable for their actions.
This call for proposals specifically seeks applications for projects relating to the Republic of Moldova. Successful applications will be supported through the GGF’s Strategic Support Fund (SSF) which is a highly flexible funding mechanism to support small-scale reform opportunities.
We welcome projects in the value range from £30,000 up to £60,000.
- projects should demonstrate how they support the strategic priorities for the GGF and reform priorities identified in-country
- projects should have clearly defined, SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-limited) outputs and deliverables and demonstrate value for money
- SSF project partners may be local or national across Moldova or international organisations
- Projects must cover activities which meet Official Development Assistance definitions
- funding may be awarded to consortia of local and/or international organisations; but there will need to be a clear lead organisation that will be accountable for financial and results management and delivery
- funding allocations for 2017/18 must be spent by 31 March 2018
- successful applicants will be required to submit quarterly and final financial and narrative reporting
- as a general rule, grants should not be used to procure goods and equipment but this will be considered on a case-by-case basis; no more than 10% of project funds may be used for equipment. The Fund may not be used for gifting
- payments will be made in MDL at an FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) rate
How to apply
Applicants must complete the attached Project Proposal and Project Budget forms (in English). Applicants must be aware that British Embassy Chisinau will accept applications until close of business on 9 March 2017. Projects proposals submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Applicants must send the completed Project Proposal and Project Budget forms to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Document A: Good Governance Fund Strategic Support Fund 2017-18 Project Proposal Form (MS Word Document, 40.9KB)
Document B: Good Governance Fund Strategic Support Fund Budget Template (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 35.9KB)
Document C: Value for Money in DFID (PDF, 2.85MB, 1 page)