Statistics on the number of Winter Fuel Payment recipients by local authority and by parliamentary constituency 2012 to 2013.
These tables provide statistics on the number of Winter Fuel Payment recipients by local authority and by parliamentary constituency 2012 to 2013.
The main points from the latest release are:
- the total number of people receiving the Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2012 to 2013 in Great Britain was 12.56 million
- of this figure, 2.71 million people received the age-related payment for those aged 80 or over
- 42% of all recipients in Great Britain received the lower amount of £100
- 54% of recipients were female, though this figure rose to 62% for those over 80
- there were 9.07 million households in receipt of the Winter Fuel Payment
Due to a data issue with European Economic Area (EEA) cases, we were unable to publish the 2012 to 2013 EEA caseload figures in the release on 11 September 2013 when the figures were shown as ‘unavailable’. This issue is now resolved and EEA caseload figures were released on 1 October 2013. The revisions were handled in line with standard UK Statistics Authority guidelines.