Statistics on the number of payment claimants by local authority and by parliamentary constituency.
The key points from the latest release are:
- total number of people receiving the payment for winter 2011/12 was 12.61 million
- of this figure 2.67 million people received the age-related payment for those aged 80 or over
- 42% of all recipients in Great Britain received the lower amount of £100
- 54% of recipients were female, though this figure rose to 62% for those over 80
- there were 9.14 million households in receipt of the payment
An issue was discovered with the 2010/11 parliamentary constituency breakdown of recipients by age and payment amount for Wales. Revised statistics were published on 26 September 2012.