Widening participation in higher education: 2016
- Department for Education
- Part of:
- Statistics: widening participation in higher education and Access to higher education
- 3 August 2016
- Applies to:
Annual statistics on young people's participation in higher education, including their social background and occupation after graduating.
PDF, 897KB, 19 pages
PDF, 473KB, 12 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 97.9KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 48.9KB, 1 page
Statistics providing information on 3 measures of increasing participation in higher education:
- estimated percentages of 15-year-olds, eligible for free school meals (FSM), who progressed to higher education (HE) by age 19 in the 2013 to 2014 academic year, presented at:
- national level
- local authority level
- estimated percentages of A level and equivalent students, by school or college type who progressed to:
- HE by age 19 in the 2013 to 2014 academic year
- the most selective higher education institutions by age 19
- estimated proportions of young people graduating in the 2014 to 2015 academic year:
- from less advantaged backgrounds on entry to HE
- in advantaged occupation groups 6 months after graduating
These statistics use the Standard Occupation classification (SOC) at both points.
Widening participation statistics
Telephone: Shabbir Zavery 0370 000 2288
Published: 3 August 2016