Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Widening participation in higher education: 2016
Annual statistics on young peoples' participation in higher education, including their social background and occupation after graduating.
Statistics providing information on 3 measures of increasing participation in higher education:
- estimated percentages of 15-year-olds, eligible for free school meals (FSM), who progressed to higher education (HE) by age 19 in the 2013 to 2014 academic year, presented at:
- national level
- local authority level
- estimated percentages of A level and equivalent students, by school or college type who progressed to:
- HE by age 19 in the 2013 to 2014 academic year
- the most selective higher education institutions by age 19
- estimated proportions of young people graduating in the 2014 to 2015 academic year:
- from less advantaged backgrounds on entry to HE
- in advantaged occupation groups 6 months after graduating
These statistics use the Standard Occupation classification (SOC) at both points.
Widening participation statistics
Telephone: Shabbir Zavery 0370 000 2288