- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- Statistics: widening participation in higher education
- 15 July 2015
Annual statistics on widening participation in higher education.
Ref: BIS/14/P155 PDF, 300KB, 32 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 94.3KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This official statistics release provides the latest information on 3 measures of widening participation in higher education:
- estimated percentages of 15 year olds, by free school meals (FSM) status, who progressed to higher education (HE) by age 19 in 2012 to 2013; the information is presented at national and local authority level
- estimated percentages of A level students, by school/college type, who progressed to higher education and to the most selective higher education institutions (HEIs) by age 19 in 2012 to 2013
- estimated proportions of young 2013 to 2014 graduates in different occupation classifications by social background on entry to higher education; this uses Standard Occupation Classification (SOC) at both points, split into 2 groups
Published: 15 July 2015