Widening participation in higher education 2013
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- Statistics: widening participation in higher education and Higher education participation
- First published:
- 7 August 2013
Annual statistics on widening participation in higher education.
Ref: BIS/13/P155 PDF, 306KB, 32 pages
Ref: BIS/13/P155 MS Excel Spreadsheet, 190KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This official statistics release provides the latest information on 3 measures of widening participation in higher education:
- the estimated percentages of 15 year-olds, by free school meal (FSM) status, who progressed to higher education (HE) by age 19, at national and local authority level
- the estimated percentages of A level students, by type of school/college, who progressed to HE and to the most selective HE institutions by age 19
- estimated proportions of young graduates in different occupation classifications (6 months after graduation) by social background on entry to HE, using standard occupation classification (SOC) at both points, split into 2 groups
The tables are also available separately, and also show a time series of progression by FSM status by local authority.
Published: 7 August 2013