- Just under 1.2 million certificates were awarded – a decrease of 11% on the same quarter of 2014 and the lowest number of certificates awarded during
quarter 4 since 2010.
- The number of available qualifications this quarter decreased by 1% from 22,140 in the previous quarter to 21,924.
- The qualification with the most certificates this quarter was CIEH Level 2 award in Food Safety in Catering (QCF) with 28,500 certificates awarded.
- The number of certificates issued for Level 1 (from 333,300 to 286,850) and Level 2 (from 598,650 to 523,550) qualifications has declined year-on-year for the tenth consecutive quarter (compared to the same quarter the year before).
- The number of certificates awarded for qualifications at Level 4 and above has increased by 11% on the same quarter in 2014 (from 24,700 to 27,450), mainly in qualifications in the sectors of business, administration, finance and law and in health, public services and care.
We are running a series of surveys to find out how we can improve our statistical publications. We would like to hear your views on this publications.
Our survey only takes a few minutes to complete.
The datasets used to produce this release are available for England, Wales and Northern Ireland and for each individual country.