Covers all vocational and other types of qualifications (excluding GCSEs, GCEs and the Diploma) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The key findings are:
- Just under 3.8 million certificates were awarded – an increase of 3% on the same quarter of 2014.
- The number of available qualifications this quarter increased by 4% from 21,214 in the previous quarter to 22,140, the highest number of available qualifications recorded.
- The qualification with the most certificates this quarter was Cambridge International Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in First Language English with 189,700 certificates awarded.
- The number of certificates awarded for level 1/level 2 has increased greatly compared to the same quarter of 2014 (from 318,650 to 776,200).
- The number of certificates awarded for qualifications in languages, literature and culture has increased by 49% this quarter compared with the same quarter in 2014 (from 268,450 to 400,700), with most of the increase being for level 1/ level 2 qualifications in English language and English literature.
- The number of certificates awarded for qualifications at level 4 and above has increased by 15% on the same quarter in 2014 (from 47,650 to 54,800) which was mainly in qualifications in the sub-sector of accounting and finance and marketing and sales.
We are running a series of surveys to find out how we can improve our statistical publications. We would like to hear your views on this publications.
Our survey only takes a few minutes to complete.
The datasets used to produce this release are available for England, Wales and Northern Ireland and for each individual country.