Statistics on licensed motor vehicles in Great Britain, derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
This publication presents information on motor vehicles in Great Britain that were licensed on the 31 March 2013 (the end of quarter 1), or which were registered for the first time during quarter 1 (January to March) 2013.
The statistics are derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), which administers vehicle registration and licensing records in Great Britain.
- There were 34.6 million vehicles licensed for use on the roads in Great Britain on 31 March 2013. Of these vehicles, 28.8 million were cars.
- The numbers of licensed heavy goods vehicles, buses & coaches and motorcycles have been on a generally downward trend since the recession of 2008-09, and the rate of increase in other types of vehicles has slowed.
- 711 thousand vehicles were registered for the first time in Great Britain during quarter 1 2013, up 6.5% on the same quarter of the previous year.
- During quarter 1 2013, a total of 837 new ultra-low emission vehicles were registered for the first time (in the UK).
- Average CO2 emissions from new cars fell from 131.6 g/km in quarter 4 2012 to 129.7 g/km in quarter 1 2013.
Information on Vehicle licensing statistics, including the pre-release access list can be found here.
- Phone: 020 7944 3077