Vehicle licensing statistics: April to June 2013
Statistics on licensed motor vehicles in Great Britain, derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
PDF, 155KB, 7 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Information on motor vehicles in Great Britain that were licensed on the 30 June 2013 (the end of quarter 2), or which were registered for the first time during quarter 2 (April to June) 2013.
Statistics are derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), which administers vehicle registration and licensing records in Great Britain.
During April to June 2013:
- there were 35.0 million vehicles licensed for use on the roads in Great Britain on 30 June 2013. Of these vehicles, 29.1 million were cars
- the numbers of licensed heavy goods vehicles, buses, coaches and motorcycles have been on a generally downward trend since the recession of 2008 to 2009, and the rates of increase in other types of vehicles have slowed.
- 670,000 vehicles were registered for the first time in Great Britain, up 10.8% on the same quarter of the previous year.
- a total of 1,139 new ultra-low emission vehicles were registered for the first time (in the UK).
- average CO2 emissions from new cars fell from 129.7 g/km for cars registered between January and March 2013 to 128.8 g/km for cars registered between April and June.
Pre-release access list and related technical documentation is available.
Public enquiries 020 7944 3077