Statistics on unlicensed vehicles ‘in traffic’ and ‘in stock’ and the revenues lost through vehicle excise duty evasion.
- an estimated 0.6% of traffic on roads in Great Britain was driving without a valid tax disc
- the estimate for Northern Ireland is 0.7%, not significantly different from the Great Britain figure
- VED evasion could have cost around £35 million in lost revenue in Great Britain in 2013/14
- some of this revenue will have been recovered through DVLA enforcement activity or through vehicle keepers back-licensing their vehicles
- VED evasion is estimated to have decreased slightly since 2011
Public enquiries 020 7944 3077