Revision to Experimental DWP Universal Credit (UC) Official Statistics for claims
There will be a revision to the number of Universal Credit claims between 8 April and 1 September 2016 in the 19 October 2016 publication, because of a methodological issue we’ve identified.
Other measures are not affected.
Read the statistical notice for more information.
These monthly experimental statistics include the total number of people:
- who have made a claim for Universal Credit
- who have made a claim and have attended an initial interview, accepted their claimant commitment, and gone on to start Universal Credit
- who are on the Universal Credit caseload
The statistics are also broken down by:
- Jobcentre Plus office and district
- local authority
- parliamentary constituency
- age band
- claim duration
- employment status
View statistics on the proportion of Universal Credit claimants who are in employment in our interactive map.
Data is also available via Stat-Xplore.