Total factor productivity of the agricultural industry
Annual statistics giving an indicator of the long-term performance of the UK agricultural industry.
Statistical notice published on 25th May 2017 corrects errors found in the edition published on 27th April 2017.
Total factor productivity is a key measure of the economic performance of agriculture and an important driver of farm incomes. It represents how efficiently the agricultural industry uses the resources that are available to turn inputs into outputs. Outputs and inputs are adjusted for quality by weighting the volumes by price.
If you require datasets in another format such as Excel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next update: see the statistics release calendar
Published: 15 May 2012
Updated: 25 May 2017
- Corrected statistical notice.
- Updated with first estimate 2016 statistical notice and dataset.
- Updated with second estimate 2015 statistic notice and dataset.
- Updated to include 1st estimate of 2015 statistic notice.
- Total factor productivity of the UK agricultural industry 2014 – 2nd estimate published.
- Total factor productivity of the agricultural industry 2014, 1st estimate published
- Updated edition for 2013.
- Updated to include 2013 figures.
- Updated to include the 2nd estimate of Total Factor Productivity for 2012.
- updated figures
- Updated with 1st estimate for 2012.
- First published.