Taxi and private hire vehicles statistics, England: 2015
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Taxi statistics, Local transport, and Taxis, private hire vehicles and their drivers (TAXI01)
- 25 August 2015
Licensed taxis, private hire vehicles, drivers and operators statistics in England as at 31 March 2015.
PDF, 1.29MB, 10 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
At the end of March 2015:
- the total number of licensed taxi and private hire vehicles in England increased by 9.3% to 242,200 between 2013 and 2015. This was the highest number of licensed vehicles since comparable records were first collected in 2005
- 69% of all licensed vehicles in England were private hire vehicles
- 35% of the total number of licensed taxis and private hire vehicles in England were in London
- an estimated 58% of licensed taxis are wheelchair accessible, this was 100% of taxis in London
- there were 297,600 taxi or private hire vehicle driver licences in England, 12,400 more than in 2013
- 55% of licences were private hire vehicle only, 21% taxi only and the remaining 24% dual licences
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094
Published: 25 August 2015