- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, All United Kingdom managed vessels (FLE07), All United Kingdom Group Beneficial Owned vessels (FLE06), World fleet registered vessels (FLE05), Red ensign group registered vessels (FLE04), UK owned vessels (FLE02), and Trading fleets and ships (FLE01)
- 25 September 2013
Summary statistics on UK and world shipping fleets.
PDF, 132KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This publication presents summary statistics on UK and world shipping fleets, updated annually. Data are generally updated simultaneously with releases in the port freight statistics series.
At the end of 2012 there were:
- 675 UK direct owned trading vessels, totalling 20.4 million gross tons, or 21.6 million deadweight tons.
- 845 UK parent owned trading vessels, totalling 25.2 million gross tons and 32.9 million deadweight.
- 1,151 UK managed trading ships, totalling 47.7 million gross tons or 60.9 million deadweight tons.
- the world trading fleet at the end of 2012 consisted of over 55,000 vessels, totalling 1.03 billion gross tons, or 1.6 billion tons deadweight.
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4863
Published: 25 September 2013
From: Department for Transport
Part of: Maritime and shipping statistics All United Kingdom managed vessels (FLE07) All United Kingdom Group Beneficial Owned vessels (FLE06) World fleet registered vessels (FLE05) Red ensign group registered vessels (FLE04) UK owned vessels (FLE02) Trading fleets and ships (FLE01)