Science, engineering and technology (SET) statistics aim to:
- provide a historical analysis of the government financing of SET activities in the UK
- describe the relationship between the funders and performers of Research and Development (R&D) in the UK (government, higher education, business enterprise, charities and overseas)
- report on business enterprise R&D expenditure
- summarise key data on output and employment of science graduates and postgraduates, and other employment data
- show how the UK compares with other G7 countries
Revised to correct figures for the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and the department for Transport in Table 2.1.